Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 9: Just another day with not just another night

We woke up at patty’s house and Andrew took Jeremy and Nick to DISNEYland, and they spent the day as Jeremy’s cheeks experienced the biggest workout of their life. I don’t think Jeremy has ever smiled more in his life.
The rest of us woke up casually and Patty’s Mom fed the beasts and we were off to Main Beach Laguna. It was a mellow day as we played volleyball. We still need a lot of practice. We walked into BJ’s Brewery to watch the Arizona vs. Uconn game. The waiter tried way too hard to be cool and then tried to kick us out before we the game ended and before some of the guys had even finished his food. The food was still amazing. Uconn won, which was undesired. I then got to jet on over to Newport to surprise my Mom at a restaurant. She was shocked. I loved seeing my mom, because I didn’t think I was going to get to see her for a long time. I LOVE my Mom.

That night we decided to sleep on the beach. We were all so pumped to sleep at Thousand Steps, which is essentially a private beach, because you have to walk down 235 steps to get there. We grabbed a few extra sleeping bags from Paul Logan Miller so that we all had one and we headed down the steps. We sat on the beach close to a cliff and freaked out about getting caught, because it was a $400 fine. Eventually we got over it and explored a little bit before we finally crawled in our sleeping bags and went to sleep. It was 1:30 AM when Mark woke us up abruptly screaming that it was raining and we needed to move. We ran over to this little fort that someone must have built earlier that day and put a tarp over it. There was a hole dug under it but it was pretty cozy. It was shaped like bowl. Brennon, Mark and Jacob piled into the little shanti and snuggled while Andrew and I posted outside the tent and decided to bear weather, because it couldn’t be that bad. We woke up at seven and Andrew and I were completely drenched. Our sleeping bags looked like they were dipped in the ocean and rolled in the sand like a cinnamon covered donut. Our pillows were dripping and the three shanti boys had dry faces and were able to sleep a little longer because of their pampered beach motel. In all reality, we were all wet and miserable. Lets just say that it was an experience and it was most likely the wrong decision. Would I do it again? Yes. Even if it was raining? Not if I had another option. We packed up the car and headed for Saddleback Church, with our boy Rick Warren. On the way we spotted a Marriott and well.. I will just leave it at that.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment