Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 4: I left my heart.....


It all began on January 24, 1848 in San Francisco, California. James W. Marshall, my great great great great great uncle found the first nugget of gold that started the California Gold Rush. News soon spread of the nugget of gold the size of his face. My great great great great great great uncle was made rich, and spent the rest of his life in sunny California on the beach thinking about gold, and playing beach volleyball and sipping rum and talking about the civil war and planning on living his life simply the rest of his life. He married my great great great great great aunt one day when she washed up on the shore from a crashed chinese fishing boat. She had been afloat at sea for 5 days with nothing but a floating piece of wood and a pack of playing cards to pass the time. Instantly he fell in love and they were married by a gold mining priest on the beach. (my great great great great great uncle didn't leave the beach unless he had to). so anyways. it was many years later that my uncle became sick and had to have surgery on his heart. The surgeon removed it because it was doing more harm than good. and then in order to save him put him on the next train to new york city. (At that time New york had the best heart surgeons). So he got there and surgery was a success! The surgeon installed a pig heart (its close in size to a human heart) in my uncle and he was alive. But he was never the same, giving someone a pig heart changes them they become more interested in mud and rotten vegetables than the things that are important (like beaches, chinese wives, and gold). Anyways, the current situation is what led to my uncle writing the hit single "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." I'm sure you've heard it, its based on the events I described to you. So yeah thats it, had a great day today in San Francisco.
Love.
Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment