Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 6: Exhaustion Meets Tom Foolery



It is 10:13 am and I am the only one awake. Today is the first day we all get to sleep in since the trip adjourned in Seattle. Last night some of got a late night slurpee, but the sugar did nothing for our bodies. As soon as we all hit either the floor, bed, or couch at Patrick’s house we were fast asleep, dreaming about the next day of adventure. I have never seen Jake and Charlie Pass out so fast. They were on the couch by the time I walked into the house. Oh ya, I almost forgot. We are staying at Patrick’s house. His Parents are very nice and they gave us guacamole last night, which was an automatic ten points for them.

Today is our last full day with Nick in the mix and It is a sad thing, but I don’t really want to talk about it cause it is a touchy subject for my heart.

Andrew Van Ness breaths very heavily when he sleeps. It is pretty funny but I haven’t figured out how to make it stop.

Before you go I need to tell you this story about Charlie, Andrew Van Ness, and Nick. Yesterday, which was chilly, overcast day in southern California, was the first day we arrived at a beach. Nick, Charlie, Caleb and I all go for a swim in the nice warm ocean, while Jake and Andrew Van Ness go for a run. This was Caleb’s first time seeing the ocean during the day, and going into it. Out of the four of us in the water, He was definitely the coldest. He is our resident Minnesotan and he, out of all of us was shivering violently. At school he walks around barefoot when everyone is wearing pea coats and scarves. He is used to the cold but he could barely bare the California Ocean. That is beside the point (I love you Caleb). After we hopped in the water, we decided to go get the wetsuits in the car to get back into the ocean and swim a little bit more, but be warmer doing it. So we walked the quarter mile back to the car, got the wetsuits and walked a quarter mile back. We started putting on the wetsuits and when I looked over at Andrew Van Ness he had the wetsuit three quarters of the way on, but he put it on backwards. Then I looked down only to see Nick Derrah with his wetsuit on inside out. At this point I was dying of laughter and so is Jake because we had talked about this the day before. Just when we thought we were at the peak of our laughter, we noticed that Charlie had put his wetsuit on backwards too. We just exploded with laugher. Now this wouldn’t be so funny with very many clothing items but it just takes a lot of time and energy to put on and take off a wetsuit. I felt so bad for them at the same time I am glad to be able to write about this in my blog. After all this we didn’t even get into the water because Caleb and Jake disappeared, but that is a story for another time.

Don’t be a stranger

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment